The Food Connoisseur

Got the food? X. Got the liquor? X. A young man with expensive tastes, ability to cook in-doors and money to go enjoy other peoples' cooking. Current location: Seoul, Korea.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A new location for the Food Bloggers of English tongue. SEOUL, KOREA

Hello Everyone! My name is Ron, and now also known as the FoodConn.

After being introduced to the world of food blogs by my friend, Josh, I just couldn't stop myself; I love food. I have fatboy tendencies. If food is in front of my face, I'll get to work on it. Simple as that.

(The picture is of a bulgogi bento made by my girlfriend on our recent trip to the Seoul Zoo.)

I don't just eat anything though. I seem to have expensive taste buds. I love cheap eats, but only if the cheap eats are good eats. Just because something's cheap, it doesn't make it taste wonderful to me. I like food with a story. Food with a bunch of love in it. Food has to be properly made also. My style is: I don't want to cook prime rib at home to save ten dollars if it's not going to taste at least like Outback's. You get what you pay for. (I am planning to learn how to cook prime rib deliciously though...)

I enjoy cooking. After watching FoodNetwork, I've started to cook more and I got more imagination with it. I would say the meanest meals I can currently make are Soul Food and Korean menus in the home kitchen. And as the Siberian grip of winter has begun to lighten up, I also have been delving into BBQ, each chicken batch being not enough for the people. Either they really loved it or were too drunk to not care what they were eating; I personally think they loved it :)

With my Canon s80 on-hand and Curtis telling me to get my move on, I will show you how I do it. Until next time...

Eat, drink, and GOD bless!

Ron the FoodConn... Posted by Picasa

20 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Kirk said...

Hi Ron - Nice photo! I'm assuming there's a good amount of rice that bulgogi, right? Keep up the good work!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger milgwimper said...

Heyla Ron I followed your link from Kirk's, Nice photographs. I was wondering is the rice underneath the bulgogi?

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger The Food Connoisseur said...

Hey,
Yeah, white rice is under the bulgogi. It was just a little picture to accompany the post. I should've taken the pictures of the side dishes but it was too late because I ate 'em before I thought to take pictures. Too bad but I'm sure there will be a next time!

 
At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 
At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

schalom!

 
At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

schalom!

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

schalom!

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

schalom!

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

schalom!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger SupersizedMeals.com said...

Hey Ron, nice site!

Thanks for the link to SupersizedMeals.com, let me know if you find anything Supersized in your travels!

Billy

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Alisha said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home